Saturday, May 28, 2011

Parcel in the Post & Blogfest Wrap-Up

Thank you SOOOOO much to everyone who entered the Tension Blogfest. Now that all the entries are in I'm off to read them :-) And I'd better do that NOW because once I dive into the two new books I just received I likely won't be seen for a while!


Everyone's been writing great reviews about DIVERGENT so I'm super-excited to read that.

And Lauren Beukes (a South African like me!) won the 2011 Arthur C. Clarke Award for her Urban Fantasy ZOO CITY, and around about the same time Joey HiFi received a Best Artwork award for the black and white illustration you can see there on the UK cover of ZOO CITY. So I had to get this book to support another South African author and I had to get the one with the UK cover (I mean look at it - it is so awesome! Click here to see it in more detail)


11 comments:

Sarah Ketley said...

ooohh i love parcels in the mail!

I too, want to read the veronica Roth one. looks good.

thanks again for the competition.

Sarah Ketley

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love parcels in the post too.

Enjoy the blogfest entries. Thanks for hosting

And enjoy those yummy looking novels, too :O)

Susan Fields said...

Divergent will be the next book I buy - I can't wait to get to it! And thanks for hosting the blogfest, it was so much fun!

Su said...

Sigh... I still have the parcel I meant to send you two months ago sitting here next to me, in a stack of other need-to-be-sent parcels! Guess it's time for a trip to the post office.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Enjoy your new books...

I don't envy you judging.... I've read half the entries and they are all amazing....

J.L. Campbell said...

The cover of Zoo City is indeed amazing. I too look forward to reading Divergent. I've seen lots of good reviews about it.

Nas said...

Have fun reading your new books. I too look forward to reading Divergent as I've seen lots of good reviews about it.

Trisha said...

Thanks so much for co-hosting the Blogfest - it was lots of fun! I've read some really great excerpts!

KM Nalle said...

That cover to Zoo City is amazing! Happy reading.

Ellie Garratt said...

Lucky you. I've got Divergent waiting on my bookshelf to be read! The cover for Zoo City looks awesome.

Ellie Garratt

Kittie Howard said...

I'm really into covers these days and "Zoo City" is indeed gorgeous. Have read good stuff about "Divergent" - have fun with your parcels!