My boyfriend recently ordered me an e-reader from China. It's not a brand anyone would easily recognise, but it has all the working functions and was obviously a lot cheaper than, for example, a Kindle. ANYWAY, the point of this post is that I just had to share the hilarious English inside the User's Manual:
Thanks for your supporting bought the E-book. This manual has briefly introduced all the function of this E-book; you can use it breezily by your self. Pls fully experience the worthy enjoyment brought by this product. Read this manual carefully is necessary before using.
- Pls note after 2, 3 times fully charged and discharge cycle can the new battery achieve the maximum power.
- For the new battery, 3-4 hours needed after fully charged for the first-third times and full will be ok for the forth times, which can make the lithium battery reach the optimal power.
- In order to avoid leaking the document, suggest "user" prepare 1 copy of the important document. Especially before hardware upgrade. As our company will not be responsible for the document loss.
- The product is High-precision E-product, No fold!
- No throw, No bump!
- Avoid playing under the following environment: High temperature, low temperature, damp, dusty, magnetic strong and expose under sun for long time.
- Using screw down cloth to wipe the Player Shell, avoid use other chemical liquor.
- No damp or other liqour item on side.
- Keep proper volume to avoid impacting audition.
- Don't change any parts.
- Only use the battery, charger, accessories which permitted by manufacturer. Otherwise will disobey the maintenance rule and cause dangerous.
- Deal with the rubbish parts and accessories in accordance to local environment practice.
- Any problems occurred upon using, pls contact local dealer or direct to customer service centre of our company.
- Any alteration, will not notify. Sorry for inconvenience and hope can understand.
PS. I'd just like to add that I know English is tough when it's not your first language, and I don't mean to offfend anyone with this post. Heck, I could never even hope to speak/write Chinese! So this is just for a good-natured laugh :-)
PPS. I made a friend recently at a writing workshop and he's just started a blog. He's joining in the A to Z Blogging Challenge, even though we're already... 10 letters in (yes, I had to stop and count the letters on my fingers... don't laugh!). So go check out Grant's Big Blog and say hi :-)