Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best Blog Award




Thank you SOO much to Ellie Garrat for passing on this award to me! I really love this one, the little picture is so cute.






So. What to do...
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Answer the ten questions.
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked to let them know about the award.


1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this; if you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?

I did start out anonymously. My blog was just a book lover's blog and my name was FictionFaerie! But I looked around and saw a lot of other aspiring authors actually admitting to the fact that they were aspiring authors and using real names (either a pen name or their own name) so I decided to be brave like them :-)

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

8th grade bonding tour. We were all in pairs and had to do this obstacle course thing. I did NOT want to do it, and I didn't like someone trying to force me to do it, which made me refuse even harder! In the end I got my partner to do it twice (she loved it. She was the outdoor, sporty type!).
(A similar thing happened on orchestra camp -- yes, I went to orchestra camp. I told them I was going to the bathroom and just never came back!)

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

First I see something that could pass for attractive ;-)
Then I put my contact lenses in.
Then I see a nose I don't like and too many lines around my eyes and skin that's so light in colour it's transparent in places!

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?

Iced water with slices of lemon. (Go ahead, tell me I'm boring, I don't mind!)

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Read/write/blog/watch a TV series.

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

Many things. Become a published author, become a wife, become a mother, become stylish and fashionable... (not sure how achievable that last one is...)

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

A mixture of both the class overachiever and the shy person. (I ditched class once and felt so guilty the entire time that it really wasn't worth it!)

8. If you close your eyes and visualise a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

Hmm... Does the moment I decided to quit my studies and look for a part time job so that I could write properly count?

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I'm comfortable with both, though I imagine sharing my true self gets a bit boring for others after a while so that's why there are more posts about other things on this blog!

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Read a book. Every time. I just find that far more appealing than talking on the phone!


For passing this award on, I have chosen blogs whose layout and look (as well as content, of course!) I love.

Katie @ Call Me Crazy
Miss Page-Turner @ Miss Page Turner's City of Books
BayleeD, Marmar & Cleo @ Booklopedia
Tawni @ The Book Worms
Nicole Zoltack @ Where Fantasy and Love Take Flight

There are many other beautiful blogs out there, but in the long list of blogs that I follow I couldn't remember them all!


7 comments:

Kari Marie said...

Congratulations on your award!

Carol Riggs said...

That IS a way cute award! Love it. Congrats on winning it, and it was fun to get to know more about you.

Colene Murphy said...

Congratulations Rachel! That's awesome!!

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

Thank you so much Rachel! You're such a sweetheart! <3
I love that you quit your studies to pursue writing, that's awesome! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Read a book every time is my answer too! Congrats on the award :)

Ellie Garratt said...

I loved your poignant moment, because it shows you knew what you wanted and you were not afraid to go for it!

Cleo said...

Congratulations and thank you so much for passing the award along to us :)