Okay, so coming up with a title seems to be -- for me, at least -- one of the most challenging parts of writing a novel!
I've come up with a few possible scenarios for landing the perfect title (though none of them seem to be helping me that much!):
- The title may be the first thing you think of, and the story kinda just follows on after that.
- There may be a line in your text that sounds super awesome, and that line becomes your title.
- There may be a line that isn't part of your text (and that might not even have much to do with your story!), but you like the sound of it, so you go back to your text and cleverly reverse engineer it in somewhere (sneaky...).
- The title could be the name of a character or place in your story.
- It could be an abstract idea that your plot kinda revolves around.
- It could be an object that plays an important part in the story.
I would really like to know from YOU how you came up with a title for your novel/short story/any other kind of WIP.
I am particularly interested in the naming of novels that are part of a series.
How do you come up with the overall series name? Are the names of the individual novels all related in some way? Maybe your methods can help me find my title/s!