Sunday, February 5, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday (5)

You can find all the other participants at the Six Sentence Sunday website. And I actually remembered to get my name on the list in time this week!

These six sentences come from GUARDIAN, my novelette that launches at the beginning of March.


Then I think of what I’m about to lose because of him. I could be expelled, or, at the very least, suspended. All my training could be for nothing. All the blood, the bruises, the pain. The nightmares that come after having to kill someone. I may have gone through that for nothing—all because this boy couldn’t just stay in his damn bedroom.







5 comments:

Laura Josephsen said...

Oh, I love it! The stakes are so high for her--and I love how the sentence ended!

Anonymous said...

Another great quote Rachel.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, creepy! Intriguing 6!

Theresa Milstein said...

I love the high stakes, romance connotations, and idea that someone was KILLED. Yikes! You know how to pack power into six little sentences.

J.C. Martin said...

Wow, intense! I can feel her dread and horror of what could come!