1. Daymare or Nightmare?
Daymare = a frightening hallucinatory condition experienced while awake (Oxford Dictionaries Online). That sounds super creepy, so I think I'll stick with nightmares!
2. How many books/short stories/poems/songs etc. have you written?
unfinished books: several
short stories/novelettes: several
poems: a few
songs/compositions: less than 5
3. What genre is your current wip?
4. Do you have someone in your life who keeps you on track with your stories? Give them a shout out!
Kittie Howard :-)
5. Do you write what you know, or stretch your imagination, or both?
Streeeeeeetch my imagination.
6. Who would you like to see on a coin/money?
Doesn't really bother me, since I only look closely enough at money to tell how much it's worth! But apparently the new South African Rand banknotes are going to have Nelson Mandela on them, which I think is pretty cool :-) (though I do like the animals we currently have on our banknotes!)
7. What’s your favorite place to write and why?
On my bed in the evening with stormy weather outside. It just works :-)
8. How would you describe your “voice”? eg. Southern gothic…
Hmm... the only way I can think to sum up my writing voice is YA :-) Think Kiersten White mixed with Stephanie Perkins (not that I would dare to compare myself to two such awesome authors! But that's the kind of "voice" I'm going for at the moment.)
9. Do you mix genres? Which ones?
Fantasy and romance.
10. If you could move anywhere in the world where would it be?
Um... possibly New Zealand. I kinda like it here in Durban, though :-)
11. What book (craft or otherwise) have you learned the most from?
Learned in terms of being a writer? Anything by Cassandra Clare.
Learned in terms of life in general? The Bible.
Since I've already been tagged before, and tagged 11 other people, and this game of tag has been going for a whiiiiiiiiile now, I'm gonna stop this branch of it here :-) You can all stop running now!
~ ~ ~
I've recently started taking note of the keyword searches that lead people to my blog. I like to occasionally share the most random ones :-)
rachel mcadams ass: yup. Seriously
lazy boy on couch: uh... don't remember doing a post on that specific topic!
y: just y. Nothing else.
little girl pouting: also don't remember ever mentioning a little girl pouting!
candle in darkness on far right side: that's, uh, very specific...
ichtys tetoválás: I understand the "ichtys" part (the fish shape used as a Christian symbol. I have it tattooed on my ankle), but I have no idea what "tetoválás" means. Anyone know?