Sunday, August 1, 2010

Harry Potter vs The Mortal Instruments


If your house was burning down and you had to choose between saving your Harry Potter collection or your Mortal Instruments collection, which would escape the flames?

Hmm… this is a tough one. The Mortal Instruments is my current favourite, but I’ve been a dedicated Harry Potter fan for so long – with its delightfully magical world, its beautifully crafted story and its very real characters – that I couldn’t bear to let those books turn to ashes either.

I think it would come down to practicalities. If I wasn’t able to grab seven books in a hurry then I’d have to go for the three Mortal Instruments and leave Harry to burn. But, come on, seven books is not a lot, so I’d probably go for those and leave the Mortal Instruments behind (because, let’s face it, it’s far cheaper to replace three books than it is to replace seven).

Wait, ten books isn’t actually a lot to carry either. Maybe I wouldn’t have to choose!

(Although, would I really be able to carry ten books and my laptop and all my photos…? Oh, and my DVD collection! Blast, this horrible fire…)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

harry potter comes first. always. no excuse :P