Friday, November 1, 2013

#NaNoWriMo Kicks Off! What's Your NaNo Wish This Year?


I've had this contemporary romance idea (upper YA/NA) chilling in my head for over two years. Now that I'm finally finished the Creepy Hollow series, I can write this contemporary story! So ... that's my NaNo wish. (And my other wish is that I won't be too tired from my recent book release and all the Morgan Media work I have to actually write these 50,000 words!) Here's a slice of the book cover. (Yeah, I've already designed the cover for a book I haven't written yet. In fact, I have at least four book covers done for books I haven't written yet!)


And this blog hop is in honour of...

THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS
All proceeds from this book go to NaNoWriMo
(because they're doing awesome stuff to encourage writing,
and they operate on donations)


14 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Wish you all the best Rachel and hey at least you can design your covers. I just get free images and use font at photobucket for my mock covers. Yes, I'm not a cover designer AT ALL.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Sounds good, have a good November :-)

Krista McLaughlin said...

You can do it - I totally have faith in you! I like your little chunk of the cover. Good luck with writing!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Cool that you have a new idea and are ready to rock!

Cathy Keaton said...

I design covers for my books long before they get written, too. I love all the production behind self-publishing just as much as I love writing books themselves.

Good luck with your NA comtemp NaNo novel!

David P. King said...

Sounds like a great and manageable goal (and now I want to see this cover of yours!). Best of luck to you Morgan, and thanks for joining our holiday hop! :)

Kyra Lennon said...

Good luck!

Lauren said...

I have learned that I have to keep book covers in mind while I'm writing. Otherwise I get to the "I'm releasing next week and I don't have a cover!" point.

Cortney Pearson said...

I love that you already have a cover for it! Good luck to you writing it!

Cally Jackson said...

Go Rachel! I'm impressed you're even attempting nano - it's always scared me!!

Trisha said...

I think it's a great idea doing book covers before books! Gives extra inspiration. :)

I kind of did that in the past with songs I hadn't written yet. I came up with song titles and also often lyrics, and then many years later when I started writing music, I put some of those old "songs" to actual music.

I also do a similar thing with playlists. Make the playlist, and the writing follows.

Good luck with NaNo! I'd be interested to hear more about your contemp novel when it's done. :)

Libby said...

Good luck with Nano! I haven't designed a cover before a book before, mostly because I don't really have the skills. I am trying to find images that remind of the world I'm trying to create. Happy Nano!

Sean McLachlan said...

Designing a book cover before writing a story is a trick the old pulp editors used to do. An artist would make an image they liked, and they'd show it to a reliable writer who got the assignment to spin a tale off from it!

Jennie Bennett said...

Contemp is my favorite to write, you're going to LOVE it! What an awesome wish :)