Friday, April 5, 2013

Cover Love: The Chaos of Stars, by Kiersten White

Ohmyfreakinggoodness how I love this cover!!! I didn't even know Kiersten White had another book coming out, I just saw this on the side of my Goodreads page while looking up another book, and my creative brain was like ......... LOVE!!!


Oh, and here's the blurb, in case you're interested in what might be underneath that gorgeous cover ... ;-)

Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.

Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.



10 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Kiersten White is great. I chatted with her a bit on twitter once. This cover is magnificent. So jealous!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Love the cover. And this sounds like a fantastic story. Can't wait to read it.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I think White writes a book in like 8 days. So technically, she could easily put out 4 a year.

Laura Josephsen said...

That is SUCH a pretty cover, and I love the hook line, too. The story sounds really cool--I love mythology-based stories.

Cathy Keaton said...

That is an amazing design! I bet that will be a really gorgeous hardcover on the shelf.

Allison said...

I almost always prefer covers with portraits of people on it, but this is very pretty :)

Allison (Geek Banter)

Kittie Howard said...

Gorgeous cover! It's got energy! And I love Egyptian-themed books!

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

It is an amazing cover and the story sounds spell-binding. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

That cover pulls me in and the story keeps me there. This will have to be the next book I read.

Cally Jackson said...

Wow. I totally see what you mean. LOVE this cover - and the title too. The blurb doesn't totally hook me though. Not like yours for the Faerie Prince!