Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Indie Life: Amazon Author Pages

Indie Life is a monthly feature hosted by the fabulous Indelibles where we get to share something related to indie writing life.

~  ~  ~

Okay, so I am obviously EXTREMELY  unobservant, because I only just noticed that Amazon author pages have a "like" button on them. In fact, I didn't even notice it myself. Someone else's blog post pointed it out to me!

Then I did a little Googling, and it seems as though some people believe that getting higher numbers of likes increases your visibility in Amazon searches. Anyone know if that's true? Well, whether it's true or not, it's always great to get more likes because, you know, potential readers can see that people like you as an author :-)

So ... Here's the link to my Amazon author page, in case you feel moved to clicky the little like button. And if you leave your author page link in the comments, I'll happily click on over and do the same for you (and maybe find some awesome books I didn't previously know about!)


17 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Clicked your like button. Sorry but I don't know the answer to your question.

Cherie Reich said...

I've heard the same thing about the "like" button. Of course, as soon as it starts working and helping an author out, then Amazon will take it away like they have done with book liking and tags.

Juliana Haygert said...

I've heard the same thing, and I think I have only 3 likes or something LOL
I just liked yours ;)

Stephen Tremp said...

I just LIKED it! Good luck with everything.

I need to check out my Amazon Author Page and see if it needs updating. Been a long time since I visited myself.

J.L. Campbell said...

Hi, Rachel,
I have a few likes on mine, but haven't thought that much about what it all means. Clicking over to give you a like.

Andrew Leon said...

As far as I've been able to tell, the "like" button on the author page doesn't do anything, which is why they left those there after removing the ones from the product pages, which did affect rankings. Still, it never hurts to be "liked," so here's my link:
http://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Leon/e/B004MAXIYE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

RaShelle Workman said...

I'd already "liked" your page, Rachel. Very cool!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Crap, I didn't know that either!

Cathy Keaton said...

I "liked" your author page! But, I'm pretty sure Amazon has not intended for it to mean anything. You can "like" books on Amazon, too and that does nothing for them, either.

Unknown said...

Headed over there right now.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I knew about it but not that it made your book more visible. Will like yours as well.

Unknown said...

I've heard that too, but I've also heard that it isn't true. But who really knows except for Amazon themselves? It's certainly always nice to be liked!

Hart Johnson said...

Liked you! Totally need to figure out how to set one of these up. Does it have to wait until you have a book? I think I set one up for Alyse Carlson and it was a giant hassle as a pen name, but it's been long enough ago I forgot how.

Tara Tyler said...

so many like buttons! i didnt know that either!

Cally Jackson said...

I'd never noticed the like button either. I have now 'liked' your page. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'm not sure if "liking" equals "visibility" - but I liked your page. Here's a link to my author's page.

http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Vernon/e/B002BMD282/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1376995730&sr=1-2-ent

mike poeltl said...

Wish I knew whether it meant anything, but I'm game.http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Poeltl/e/B00477PRGE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1