Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (13): The Body Finder

Title: The Body Finder
Author: Kimberly Derting


Thick, pale, and bloated skin surrounded milky-white eyes that stared out at Violet.
...
Violet screamed at the same time that Jay reached her and saw what she was looking at. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and dragged her away in search of help.


I am LOVING this book! If it weren't for the fact that I'm already sick from lack of sleep I would have stayed up till the early hours of the morning to finish this in one go!
(And the cover is so pretty! I love it!)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the title and author too so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

13 comments:

Jamie Manning said...

This one is in my TBR pile (which grows daily) and I can't wait to read it...excellent teaser!

dr3am3r said...

those two sentences chill my blood.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Oh you are so mean. You picked some really good sentences to show here.

Summer Ross said...

Great teaser- and the cover is beautiful!

Summer Ross said...

Rachel- yes- the witch in all of her books are "Rachel Morgan" you are right :) I love the books- I have read everyone of them and the one on my blog is her newest one. :)

Golden Eagle said...

I recently read that book--great teaser!

Lou Archer said...

Ooooo that does sound good....

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

great teaser. Now I want to read it too.

Theresa Milstein said...

I want to read this. It's been on my list forever, so I must get around to it. Thanks for reminding me!

I have an ARC of Possession by Elana Johnson. Here's my teaser:

Page 121:

"I pounded my anger into my footsteps as I passed building after derelict building. Most of them sported charred wood and twisted metal. This area had been abandoned during the fires and never rebuilt. In a few places, the fire ranger rings still shone on the cracked stones."

Jemi Fraser said...

I've had this book on my wishlist for a while now - it sounds terrific!

Cally Jackson said...

Great selection for your teaser! And you're right - that's a very pretty cover.

Regina said...

I really loved this book and am enjoying all the tips you are posting as well. Have a great weekend.

Kittie Howard said...

Great teaser, Rach...love the cover...don't remember seeing that blend of blues on a cover recently, very nice.